Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan photography tour
A journey along the ancient Silk Road – 16 days ‘All Inclusive’ photo tour
17 September – 2 October 2022
Join me for a comprehensive photography tour of 3 fascinating countries on the famous Silk Road. We visit the most photogenic parts of the 3 “Stans” where we will be accompanied by an expert photography guide who has travelled to the region many times. We will encounter an incredible variety of landscape, architecture and people in locations rarely visited by tourists.
The Historic Architecture of Uzbekistan
Our journey starts in Tashkent, Uzbekistan and takes us along the ancient trade route to the exquisite city of Samarkand, known for its mosques and mausoleums. From there we travel to Bukhara, famous for its domed bazaars and madrasah and on to Khiva, a thousand year old fortress city.
The Diverse Scenes of Kazakhstan
We fly to Almaty, the capital of Kazakhstan during soviet times, which is surrounded by snow capped mountains. We’ve organised a private photo shoot with Kazakh men who will demonstrate their skills on horseback. We’ll explore the colourful green bazaar before heading to Zenkov Cathedral, one of the tallest wooden buildings in the world.
We’ll take 4×4 wheel drive vehicles to Kaindy lake and the ‘valley of the castles’. The lake is incredibly photogenic with transparent turquoise water full of old tree trunks.
The Amazing Landscapes of Kyrgyzstan
We then fly to Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan where we can try our hand at horse milking (optional) and visit the typical Central Asian market known as the Osh Bazaar. We drive to Issuk Kul Lake, one of the oldest Alpine lakes in the world set in pristine landscape.
In Bishkek, we’ll photograph nomadic horsemen and a hunter with his golden eagle who will demonstrate old hunting methods.
If you want to discover 3 different countries and take fresh, original images of cultures that are still relatively unknown part of the historial Silk Road, then this photography tour will certainly be for you.
Price per person 7250 euros Single supplement 1150 euros
- Accommodation in double/twin rooms in 4-5 star hotels or good quality guesthouses
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners starting from the dinner of Sept. 28 until the breakfast of Oct. 13
- Water, tea or regular coffee, soft drinks at lunches and dinners
- All admission fees to the museums and places to visit in the itinerary
- English speaking photo guide and local guides.; Comfortable A/C van, driver; International flights within the tour Tashkent – Almaty and Almaty – Bishkek.
- Domestic flight from Khiva to Tashkent
- Fast train from Tashkent to Samarkand
- Bottled water in the vehicle.
- Private shoots as in the itinerary and model fees.
- 4×4 vehicles as per itinerary.
-International flights, Tips, Insurance
Maximum group size 9
Please contact us for a full itinerary
All images are copyrighted to Mehmet.